zondag 17 januari 2016

FOOD - Orange Lightning Cake (Annabel Langbein)

I 'm a fan of Annabel Langbein with her program The Free Range Cook. She cooks easily and quickly and provides a well- off all the things you need and how long something needs to cook or bake . On YouTube I've watched 200 films from her because I was looking for the recipe of the Orange Cake where you had to use a whole orange. And I found it!!It called the Orange Lightning Cake. It taste so sweet but oh so delicious .

Orange Lightning Cake

The cake is awfully delicious and especially when it just comes out of the oven! Unfortunately I was too greedy and I cut a slice completely wrong so the cake fell apart. This cake I find quite powerful but that does not interest me because here I sit for weeks drooling. When the cooled or cold it is quite compact but oh so super nice .

Ingredients

250 grams flour


250 grams of sugar (if you find this too sweet then you can always use less)
250 grams of butter (or 125 grams butter and 125 grams oil)

1 sachet vanilla sugar
1 sachet baking powder


2 eggs
butter for greasing the pan

Preparation

Put in a bowl the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder and mix well.

These are the dry ingredients. Now you can prepare for the wet ingredients.
Cut the orange into blocks . You do not have to peel it because we are using the whole orange .


Put them in the blender and then blend it into a fine mass .


Put in a large bowl two eggs and beat them until it become a creamy mass.



The butter must be semi-liquid ( melt in the microwave) to make it easier mixing. Mix this along with the eggs and add the oil over it and mix it well.


Now you can put the orange mass in the bowl and mix it well with the batter.


I screen my flour always and use this sieve.


So the dry ingredients can now be added to the egg - masses. Sift the flour in the bowl gradually and mix until it becomes a nice batter and where you can see some orange slices .


Butter the baking pan, put some flour in the baking pan and make sure the tin is completely covered with flour. The excess flour you put on a plate.




Now pour the batter into the tin and bake the cake in 1 hour in the oven at 180 degrees.



After 1 hour the Orange :ightning Cake is ready. I advise you not to cut the cake immediately like the way I did, but let it cooldown and then cuts.




I know there are different types of orange cakes but this one is very special because you are using the whole orange. Do you know or did you made an orange cake recipe? Share your experience by put a comment under this blog post.

Bon Appetit and enjoy this delicious cake .

Greetings Paula

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten