zaterdag 13 februari 2016

BEAUTY - How to choose and apply the right foundation for a dark skin

How do you choose the right color foundation? No, you can not just buy a foundation without checking of the color matches your skintone. Sometimes I see women walking around smearing too light foundation on their skin and then walk around like a geisha . Or too dark ... like you get back from vacation/holiday. This is soo ugly. In this tutorial I'll show you how I choose my foundation and how I apply it. Unfortunately I do not have the proper exposure but luckily my camera is awfully strong ... ( sometimes too sharply.....)

BE Creative Makeup


For this tutorial I've used the foundation from BE Creative Makeup. The foundation is for sale at the perfume store Ici Paris XL. This is a common brand because Ici Paris is everywhere in the Netherlands. The darkest colors they are the colors 007 , 008 and 009 .

ICI Paris XL is a perfume shop chain founded in the late 1960s in Belgium. The name ICI Paris XL means 'This is Paris' and was derived from the train trips that were undertaken by the founders on the their way to buy perfume from the French capital Paris. The XL refers to the location of the company's first store, which was located in Ixelles (pronounced XL), which is a suburb of Brussels. The Company was acquired by the Kruidvat Group in 1996, which then in-turn became part of the A.S. Watson Group in 2002. After the acquisition by the A.S. Watson Group, the company grew rapidly through opening new stores, enlarging, refurbishing and relocating existing outlets. The company has 230 outlets in three different countries, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.


My skin tone


I have a combination skin with a yellow undertone. So I was looking for a foundation that matches my skin. Some foundations have a red undertone, and it shows in color 009. If I put it on my skin, I would look like an Indian ... the opposite of a geisha ...

As you can see the colors 008 and 009 are too dark. The 007 fits in better but slightly yellow.

Preparation


Always make sure your skin is completely cleaned and a possibility is to put a facial mask on your face to give it a boost after cleaning. Use a serum (optional), moisturizer and eyecream. Rest your skin and use then the primer (make-up base) . Rest your skin again. So I 'm ready for the foundation.


How to apply your foundation


I always use a foundationbrush to put the foundation over my face. Then I use a damned make-up sponge and dab the foundation on my face.


Below you can see that one half is WITH foundation and the other half WITHOUT foundation. Do you see the difference? I do, I see the freckles. Left of my face you see no freckles.


The entire face is covered with foundation and this is the result . It is also intended that the skin on your neck is not different than your face. I powdered my face with a copact powder so that the foundation lasts all day . Remember to cover under the eyes well because otherwise the powder or foundation gets in the lines and wrinkles will remain seated. The foundation has been laid and now you can begin to apply color.

I hope the tutorial was clear. For dark skin it is sometimes hard to find the right foundation and the right color.

Feel free to leave a substantive comment below this blog post .

Greetings Paula

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten