maandag 8 februari 2016

FOOD - Yellow Rice preparing in a ricecooker

I try to eat every day good and delicious food for a lowbudget price but the Indonesian cuisine is not always lowbudget and that is mainly because of the herbs and spices that you use in a dish. That's why I always have a large stock of herbs and spices in my pantry and freezer. The recipe I'll describe is one of my favorit and in a festive meal its never complete without Nasi Kuning (yellow perfumed rice). I describe a recipe that is very quickly and easily to prepare in the ricecooker.

If I want to describe the recipe on the traditional way of the Nasi Kuning, it will take you more work and more time, and especially if you've never made ​​it. There are several ways to make Nasi Kuning but the most important thing is, is that you use pandan rice and than the long grain version. The making of and the taste is vary personal and that's why I describe a plane recipe with only the pandan leave. Actually I always do a little pinch of vanilla sugar and daun djeruk perut (lemon leaf) everyone does it his own way. Good luch and prep

Ingredients

This recipe is based on a rice cooker of 2.2 liters. Do you use a smaller ricecooker, than you can half the ingredients 

1 kilo pandang rice (long grain)2 daun pandang leaves (You can get it in an Asian or Chinese shop)500 ml . coconut milk (I use the brand Kara or  Aroy)1 teaspoon salt2 teaspoons kunjit (turmeric)Approximately 250 ml to 500 ml of water (depending on how big your rice cooker is)

Instructions

Wash the rice untill the water is clean

Put the coconutmilk inside

Than the daun pandang leaf

1 teaspoon of salt


Two teaspoons of the kunjit powder


Stir it very good untill it get one color

Now add the water little by little and stir well. Check whether you have enough water to go into the mixture with your finger and it is under water until half phalanx. Wait, maybe I described it a little bit complicated but I'll show you a picture.

Put the lid on the cooker and turn it on. When the rice is done the button automatically jumps to "warm" .




Yihaaa my yellow rice is ready. Now just stir the rice with the accompanying rice spoon and then let it stand for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes you can eat!


Nasi Kuning is part of the Indonesian partymenu so if you've read my previous blogposts or followed, you can eat the chicken satay, sate peanutsauce, the Acar Ketimoen (pickled cucumber) and possibly vegetable prepared in a wok.

I say Selamat Makan, Bon Appetit , Enjoy your meal, Afiyet Olsun

Are you going to try this dish? Please leave a message or comment if you've made it !

Greeting Paula

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten