dinsdag 9 februari 2016

TIPS & TRICKS - How to clean your oven racks

Good morning without worries? Yes, really without worries  because I had a problem with my dirty oven racks. I tried all kinds of cleaning products, but it doesn't work. So I've search on YouTube to see what others have done and I conducted an experiment !! I do have to say that I find it an interesting experiment so I left the oven racks extra dirty so I can prove the result.


The Experiment


The experiment was to get your fat and dirty oven racks radiant clean and shining by put it overnight in a garbage bag with a cup of ammonia.

I stretched the operating time by turning it into a whole day. My adivese is to do this process when you're not using your oven for a whole day. The process takes 24 hours and you have to leave the bag outside. On Sundaymorning I've put the oven racks into the large garbage bag together with a bowl of ammonia, left it outside on the balcony and on Monday morning taken them out and cleaned them.

On Monday morning I opened the garbage bag outside on the balcony. You can smell the strong smell of ammonia and I was glad I put an towel in front of my nose because that smell is terrible. I knew how those ammonia gases  smells . The good thing is, the gases making the fats and dirts soft, so it's easier to clean them. And now we go into the kitchen to check if it really works.


Which(abrasive) sponge you use?

The woman in the video used a scouring pad with inside the sponge a pink soap, but I didn't have it so I used an old pad and put some detergent on it. I started scrubbing and immediately saw results. All the dirt came off easily immediately.



Oven rack

After a good scrub and using an old toothbrush for the difficult places, I must say that the experiment was successful. Just look at the difference.
  

Pan


 

Cast iron pan supports


I am a happy person because the oven is clean, the oven racks are clean and the oven pan is clean. Now I have to clean the pan supports. On that Sunday morning I prepared the cast iron pan with a paste of baking soda and warm water and cleaned it on Monday morning. Natural shine again and clear.




So now I can say that everything is clean and shiny. Daily maintained saves a lot of work. So always after using your stove or oven, immediately clean up the mess. Fat is always a problem.

Do you have other tips to clean the oven racks, pan or oven? Respond to this blogpost below the post !

Regards Paula

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten