woensdag 18 mei 2016

Food - You have to make this rainbow cake!!

I'm totally in love with butter cake and while I was watching a YouTube video from a foodchannel my stomach was screaming for cake. So I ran into the kitchen to make it and during my searching for flour and eggs, I saw in the cabinet, all kinds of foodcolor and I had to use them sometimes. So join me by the making of this delicious rainbowcake.

Rainbow Colors


You will be bombarded with Rainbow cake, rainbow cupcake, rainbow bagels, etc. Because I'm crazy from cake I tried to make the dough, but I did not have the same 6 bakeware, so I figured out just to make a colored cake. It had to be a butter cake because it is nice, creamy and soft. So I made the buttercake from a foodchannel and put the dough in 6 bowls and then colored them with the foodcolor. And the result is dazzling but also back panel tasty. What were the colors of the rainbow again? Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Well, I've didn't have exactly the same colors but used the colors I had at home. And while filling the pan I forgot the order of the colors ... nice smart.

What do you need?


Always make sure all ingredients are at room temperature .

250 grams of butter
250 grams of sugar
250 grams of cake flour
5 eggs
1 vanilla pod (or 1 sachet of vanilla sugar)
a pinch of salt
6 color foodcolors



Preparing

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.

Brush the cake tin lightly with butter and brush it with a tablespoon of cakeflour .

Put 250 grams of butter, 250 grams of sugar and a pinch of salt in the mixing bowl . Beat with the mixer in 10 minutes until the batter is almost white.



Beat the 5 eggs one by one through. Only add a further egg as the previous one is fully incorporated into the batter. Make sure the eggs are at room temperature , or curdle the batter.


Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the marrow with a knife.
 

Sift 250g cake flour over the batter and fold it along with the vanilla marrow gently into the batter.



And now comes the best part . Divide the batter evenly into 6 bowls.



Add into each bowl a drop of one color and then mix it very well.






Spoon the batter in order of color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet), in the form and put the cake in the middle of the oven.

Set the oven to 170 degrees and bake in about 1 hour until golden brown. A cake baking takes it in the oven for longer than one in the other. Keep the cake so good eye during baking. Check for doneness by pricking a skewer into the center. There is no attachment to the skewer , then the cake is cooked. Let the cake rest for 2 hours before you get it out the pan.




It wasn't so hard, wasn't it? And it tastes delicious. Do you made this cake after reading this recipe? I would like to see the end result. Leave a comment below this blogpost .

Regards Paula

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten