vrijdag 25 maart 2016

LIFESTYLE - Are you also tired of the overflowing wardrobe ?

I was so tired that I had so many clothes in the closet and hang out and each time had to clean up the piles again. I took a firm decision to keep any pants, undershirt , shirt, long sleeve , dress , skirt, sweater , sweaters, etc. 7 because I want to participate to the Capsule Wardrobe meaning that you have to hold 33 items and use it for 3 months without buying clothes in these months. After three months you can shop again but keep your 33 items.

Cleaning and tiding


Before you go clean up your closet take three bins or garbage bags with the words KEEP, THROW AWAY/GIVE AWAY or SELL. Now you can start. Check out which clothes you DO fit and stop it immediately in the container HOLD. Clothes you don't fit or can't use you put it in the 2 remaining containers or garbage bags. I'm so proceed because I do not want to think first to give it away or HOLD. Too difficult for me of course ....


In the meanwhile I had five full bags with SALE and during the sale on the IJ halls I found out automatically which items goes to the "social container for clothes".

Status wardrobe now


My closet becomes now very empty...and I finally it's easier for me to choose the right clothes for the morning and it takes me less time. To make it easier for me, I have only 2 to 3 colors for my clothes. Namely black/blue, white/beige and pink. I actually wear mainly black clothes because of the viewpoint of efficiently doing the laundry. You know how it is super convenient to do laundry if you have only a few colors. I have the black wash, white wash and a wash with teatowels/wipes/towels. It's a practical reason for these choose too.

Number of garments


From every color and item I've kept 7 pieces because 1 week have 7 days AND because I have something with the number 7. When you go to your work, you want every day fresh clothes. In addition, to combine all the items together. Now it's the game to not to buy clothes during the 3 months because otherwhile your closet will be crowded again. I 'm going to keep this up well ..... I have to ! From the jerseys and sweaters I only kept 3 pieces from each.

In my closet I only have the next pieces:


7 pants, 7 dresses, 7 skirts, 7 bermudas, 7 Briefs, 7 singlets / little shirts, 7 t-shirts, 7 t-shirts with long sleeves, 7 turtlenecks, 3 wool sweaters, 3 sweaters3 jogging pants3 pyamas

In my wardrobe (which was quite full so I had to hang clothes out of the closet ) I have the following items:

3 jackets
3 winter coats
3 trenchcoats
2 raincoats
3 leather jackets
3 vests

Why?


I want to have a minimalist living. This means that you have less things in your house and therefore more emptiness in your head and making and giving you more space in your head and life. It's a psychological thing but it helps. So I started with  my wardrobes but will follow the rest of the house


IJ halls


Therefore saling your clothes, footwear, jackets and other accessories is an alternative for saling on the dutch marketplace. Because I 've been through negative experiences on marketplace but also on facebook , I'm still rather on the IJ halls, although not always yielding but it's just a nice day without thinking of working.

Next step

The next step that will follow are my shoes. Ladiessss......we love shoes and I have a lot. I've just sold a few on the market on the IJ-hallen but there are more! In a next blogpost I will write about it. 

Do you also know that feeling that you hate a crowded closet? Try it what I did! However, be alert that you will struggle to give away or throw away clothes but you should also remember that if you have an empty shelf, you can buy new ones after 3 months.

Greetings Paula

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten